What are Abandoned Carts?
Abandoned carts are online shopping carts that customers add items to but then leave the website before completing the purchase. This phenomenon is commonly referred to as “cart abandonment.” Cart abandonment is a common problem that e-commerce businesses face. It refers to the situation where the customer “abandons” their cart before making the final purchase.
How is Abandoned Cart Rate Calculated?
Cart abandonment rate is calculated by dividing the number of completed purchases by the total number of shopping carts created. The result is then subtracted from one and multiplied by 100 to get the percentage.
For instance, if 100 customers added items to their shopping carts but only 30 completed their purchases, the cart abandonment rate would be calculated as follows:
(1 – 30/100) x 100 = 70%
This means that 70% of the customers who added items to their shopping carts didn’t complete their purchases and abandoned their carts.
Reasons of Cart Abandonment:
There are many reasons some of them could be:
• Unexpected shipping costs added during checkout: 28%
• Complicated or lengthy checkout process: 23%
• Browsing or comparing prices: 17%
• Technical issues with the website: 11%
• Preferred payment method not offered: 6%
Solutions we Offer: Abandoned Cart Recovery Feature
We know that reducing Abandoned Cart Rate is important for your e-commerce business. That’s why we offer a solution to help recover abandoned carts and keep your valuable customers. Branded SMS Pakistan offers automated SMS which are designed to save you time and effort while still maximizing your recovery rates.
• First Follow-up SMS (after 1 hour):
This Feature sends your customer a follow-up SMS, one hour after the cart is abandoned. An example of this SMS is:
We have held your items so you can quickly jump back and book your order! click on the link: (ABANDONED CHECKOUT URL)
• Second Follow-up SMS (after 24 hours):
If the cart remains abandoned even after the gentle reminder, then a follow-up SMS is sent after 24 hours with a promotion or a discount to encourage your customers to complete their purchase.
This Follow-up msg can include onetime offer for:
Items you added to your cart are almost sold out. Hurry don’t let these deals run away.
To complete your purchase, click on the link. (ABANDONED CHECKOUT URL)
Order Now to Avail 5% off: (DISCOUNT CODE)
How it Helps your E-commerce Business?
• Increase Conversion Rates: The Abandoned Cart Recovery feature can help you recover lost sales by reminding customers about their abandoned carts and encouraging them to complete their purchase which increases your conversion rates.
• Boost Customer Loyalty: Sending personalized SMS messages to your customers, can help to build trust and loyalty with your customers, which can lead to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth.
• Improve Customer Engagement: Sending follow-up SMS messages with promotions or discounts can be an effective way to engage with your customers and keep them interested in your products..
• Increase Revenue: Recovering lost sales through the Abandoned Cart Recovery feature can help to increase your revenue and profitability.
This Abandoned Cart Recovery Feature is available in our Shopify app.